Skip to main content

My Time at Sandrock: how to get married

How to romance characters and get married in My Time at Sandrock

What would a life sim be without a cast of colorful characters to fall in love with? My Time at Sandrock has plenty of options on this front and if you start giving gifts and going on dates then it won’t be long before you’re ready to propose marriage. Before you go ring shopping, however, you need to know the conditions you need to fulfill before such a thing is even on the table.

We’ll walk you through the full romance process so you can get married in My Time at Sandrock.

How to romance a character – My Time at Sandrock

My Time at Sandrock giving Mi-an a gift

There are 21 characters that might be up for marrying you if you invest your time and gifts in them correctly, and they’re indicated in-game on the social menu, as their friendship meter will fill up with heart icons instead of stars.

If you follow our guide for the best gifts to give every marriage candidate in My Time at Sandrock, and say the right things when you invite them on playdates, you’ll rapidly increase your friendship to three stars (400 relationship points). At this point, you can officially confess your love by gifting them a Heart Knot – which can be bought from Arvio’s General Store, ‘By The Stairs’.

They’re not guaranteed to say yes though. At the three-star level, they have only a 30% chance of accepting your confession, but this increases the closer you become as friends – it maxes out at a 70% chance of accepting once you are BFFs (900 relationship points). Note that there are also some characters like Fang will always reject confessions of love until you’ve progressed far enough along the main story or their personal quests.

How to get married – My Time at Sandrock

My Time at Sandrock romance

Once you’ve entered a relationship with a character, their relationship bar will change to indicate your romantic entanglement. You will now need to continue giving gifts and taking them on dates to increase your relationship further until you hit 900 relationship points and become Lovers.

That’s not the only condition though, as your Workshop also needs to be at least Level 5 to accommodate a second person moving in, and of course, you’ll need an Engagement Ring. The ring can only be bought from the Mysterious Man in My Time at Sandrock, who only comes to town during the 20th and 21st of each month, so make sure you have 2,000 Gols set aside to buy it when he comes to town.

Once you’ve hit all of those requirements, gift the Engagement Ring and your proposal should be successful. You will instantly be considered married and your spouse will move in with you, however, if you want to have a ceremony then you can pay 3,000 Gols to have it at the Church of Light.

Like with confessing love, there are some characters who will refuse your proposal until you have completed certain quests.

Can you romance multiple characters? – My Time at Sandrock

My Time at Sandrock Qi Relationship Chat

You can date multiple characters, but you can’t marry more than one person. While nothing is stopping you from dating multiple characters, they won’t be happy about it if they catch you in the act. Getting caught cheating will tank your relationship with the characters involved and not all of them will be willing to forgive you.

Still, even if you do expertly hide your multiple romances, as soon as any marriage proposal is accepted from any character, all other romances you had in the works will end and become regular friendships again.

How to get divorced – My Time at Sandrock

My Time at Sandrock having dinner with Owen

If you get cold feet about your spouse and want to end the relationship, then you’ll need to pour some more money into the Mysterious Man’s pocket, this time paying 20,000 Gols for a Broken Mirror. Giving this to your spouse will immediately end the relationship. Their relationship rating with you will drop dramatically and they will move out of your Workshop.

If you put in the effort of building up the relationship again you can remarry them, or you can romance someone else and start the whole process again.